What is Car Hire Excess Insurance and why do I need it?
Why should I choose AIG Direct for my Car Hire Excess Insurance? The answer is simple! Because with AIG Direct you will get a full range of benefits such as,
- When hiring a car, most car rental companies provide comprehensive insurance which protects you against any costs that you would incur in the event of an accident or theft. However, most car rental companies include an excess on their car rental agreements. In the event of an accident or if the rental car is damaged or stolen, you will be liable for the initial portion of a loss or damage up to a specified amount on your car rental agreement. This could range from €500 up to €2,000+ and this charge may apply even if the damage is not your fault.
- When you rent/hire a car in the USA or Canada, Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Supplementary Liability Insurance (SLI) may not be included. Very often, mandatory liability limits by State can be very low. When you purchase AIG’ Car Hire Insurance, our SLI insurance cover tops up the mandatory liability limits to $1,000,000.
- Save over €200 on your premium*.
* Savings based on a recent survey for car hire excess insurance for a Ford Focus on a two week holiday to Spain. February 2012.
- Low cost car hire excess insurance. Cover from less than 14 cent per day**.
** Price based on the leave in cost for excess only annual cover to Europe. April 2012.
- 30+ years experience in the Irish market
- Choice of Daily or Multi Trip options
- No Excess on damage done to the rental car including damage to wheels/tyres, windscreen, undercarriage and roof (subject to a limit of up to €2,500 per claim or €3,750 in any one period).
- Free Personal Accident coverage up to €40,000 as standard
- Coverage for up to 5 additional drivers who are named on the car rental agreement
- Coverage for fire, theft and vandalism
- Coverage for up to 60 consecutive days
- No exclusion for hiring from main residence
- Key cover included
- Personal effects cover included
AIG Car Hire Insurance (Car Hire Excess) provides a reimbursement of the excess applied to your car rental agreement that is both value for money and offers you the best possible coverage.
Get a Car Hire Insurance (Car Hire Excess) online quote today and see for yourself how we can save you money! Arranging car hire excess insurance online could not be easier. Simply click on the "Get a Quote" button and complete the questions. There's even a help feature if you are unsure of anything. Just choose the insurance cover that best meets your needs and buy online in just a few minutes!
AIG Europe Limited was established in Ireland in 1979. AIG Europe Limited is a part of AIG Inc. (AIG), a world leading property-casualty and general insurance organisation with a 90-year history, serving more than 40 million clients in over 160 countries and jurisdictions. AIG offers an extensive range of products and services (including Car, Home, Property, Identity Theft and Health insurance products), deep claims expertise and excellent financial strength. All Car Hire Insurance purchasers can be confident of AIG's commitment to the Irish insurance market and in AIG's ability to protect its customers, now and in the future.